Main Picture

Main Picture

Monday 16 May 2011

Pelargoniums As Cut Flowers?

Surprisingly enough pelargoniums can make really nice cut flower arrangements.  Granted they do not last as long sometimes, but when collectors are cleaning up plants regularly this provides ample opportunity to make an arrangment.

At the last Ontario show I entered some rosebud cut blooms ('Grainger's Antique Rose' & 'Appleblossom') in an antique majollica pot.  I think the pattern is actually cabbage, but it also resembles pelargonium leaves to me, so it seemed like a good fit.  I didnt win first prize, but it does show just how decorative pelargoniums can be.  Not a great scent, but considering the cost involved (nothing), it's hard to complain.  I find doubles, semi doubles, and rosebuds make the best blooms for arrangements and will usually last a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment