Main Picture

Main Picture

Wednesday 8 June 2011

'Ray Bidwell', Japanese Maples, & Ducks

'Ray Bidwell' is a miniature tricolour variety with dark pink blooms.  It grows fairly strong for a miniature tricolour, but I find it doesnt bloom as much as I would like.  It grabs attention and this specimen has grown particularly well for me.  It was started from a cutting last fall, and now fills up a 4 " pot nicely.

I also grow Japanese maples.  This variety is called 'Butterfly' and has tricolour foliage.  It is partially shaded under an umbrella (spoiled plants) which helps prevent scorching in the summer's heat. 


I cant believe that ducks have landed in the (unopened) swimming pool.  Dear lord, I have ducks.  They are cute too, so they will be hard to evict, but I cant imagine hosting them all summer.  If they start to nest I dont know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment