Main Picture

Main Picture

Sunday 24 April 2011

Light Gardens

Why people do not grow more pelargoniums under light is something I will never understand.  I use a greenhouse, but also have a very large collection as back up under lights.  Plan for the worse, and hope for the best I guess.  I made my light gardens pretty inexpensively too, using shelving units and fluorescent ballasts on chains.  As you can see, its a jungle under there.  I have around 200 varieties under these 7 levels of lights, and in a relatively small space, so anybody can grow through the winter.  I always have blooming plants, and with regular inspection and trimming, I have no issues with disease either.  Some do better than others under lights, and I must admit that I am getting tired of cutting back certain varieties that want to sprawl.  In another month these will be outside again thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment