Main Picture

Main Picture

Monday 21 March 2016

'Grainger's Tanya'

Years ago I used 'Don's Silvapearl, in my hybridizations efforts.  I crossed it with 'Ivory Snow' in hopes of creating some variegated seedlings.  No luck in making variegated plants, but I did produce this beauty called 'Grainger's Tanya'.  Once again, this photo does not do the plant justice, but its a thick growing dwarf with double pink-bluish blooms.  I have a lot of people claim that the colour seems to glow and is nearly indescribable as its not really pink nor blue/lavender.  I was later told by a very wise lady that 'Ivory Snow' would not make an ideal plant parent as its a fancy leaved sport, and therefore less likely to pass on variegated genes.  Oh well...at least this baby was a happy surprise.  Last year a lady bought most of stock for her wedding tables!  If that's not a passing grade I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment